Throughout our lives, no matter which campus attended, we share a bond through our Alma Mater
Las Vegas High School
Click links below to access pages
The original Las Vegas High School, located at 315 S. 7th Street, was built in the art deco style, and opened in 1930. Although LVHS was not the first high school built in the city (the first one on 4th Street became part of the elementary school and later burned down), it is the oldest one still standing. It is now the Las Vegas Academy of International Studies, Performing & Visual Arts, and has been classified as a protected historic building. LVHS was built on property previously owned by the Union Pacific Railroad. The railroad deeded it to the city for use as a public school.
This Web Site is for the alumni of that historic school and the alumni of its current incarnation at the East Sahara campus. Las Vegas High School has spawned a wealth of social and political leaders for over seven decades.
Here are two great files submitted by Patty
We would like to ask for the help of the alumni
in finding something.
If anyone has any info as to their whereabouts it would be greatly appreciated.
In this photo are Coach
Warren Okelberry (LVHS Coach & Teacher for 30 years-1961-1991) and Richard Bryan
(Class of 1955). (click
photo to enlarge)
(see the reunion picture pages for pictures of the presentation of the pen used to sign this document, to Bryan by Coach Okelberry)
Here is some memorabilia from earlier years.(click photos to enlarge)